2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks-1-2days0-3hours-1-9minutes-1-2seconds0-2
- Visit from Belgium National CX coachBelgium national cyclocross coach Rudy de Bie played host to the latest National Cyclocross Development Squad day last weekend (2 December 2017). Twenty two riders availed of the vast experience and guidance of Rudy at the National Sports Campus in Dublin. Some of the discipline’s most notable pro riders and world champions such as Sven […]
- Expression of interest in running the 2018 Enduro National ChampionshipsThe Board of Cycling Ireland has just approved the Enduro National Championships for 2018 after the successful test event held in 2017. The Off-road Commission is therefore seeking expressions of interest in running the 2018 event. There is no set date for this event. Click here to download an Expression of Interest form. This is to be […]
- Appeal for volunteers to join the Cycling Ireland Off-road CommissionAfter the recent AGM there were two roles which were not filled in this year’s Cycling Ireland Off-road Commission. A youth development co-ordinator and a cross-country co-ordinator. Both positions are very important for the commission and we would love to fill these roles with passionate people. If you feel you would like to come on […]
- Visit from Belgium National CX coach