2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks04days05hours19minutes16seconds03
- Tough racing at the World Cyclo-cross ChampionshipsThe Cycling Ireland Off-road Commission sent 5 riders to the 2019 World Cyclo-cross Championships. The event was held over the weekend of 2-3 February at Bogense, Denmark. The team consisted of Adam McGarr and Sean Nolan (Junior men), Lara Gillespie and Lucy O’Donnell (U23 women) and David Conroy (U23 men). Saturday was for Junior men […]
- Rider selection for the 2019 World Cyclo-cross ChampionshipsFive Irish riders have been selected to compete at the 2019 World Cyclo-cross Championships which are due to take place in Bogense, Denmark on the 2 and 3 February. Junior men – Adam McGarr and Sean Nolan U23 women – Lara Gillespie and Lucy O’Donnell U23 men – David Conroy Best of luck to them.
- Exciting racing on day 2 of the National Cyclo-cross ChampionshipsDay 2 of the 2019 Irish National Cyclo-cross Championships saw great racing across the four national championship races – Junior men, Masters (M40, M50 and M60), Women and Senior Men. The course had been well tested the day before with the youth racing. The impressive constructed bridge with its steps and three ramps dominated the […]
- Tough racing at the World Cyclo-cross Championships