2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks-2-3days0-1hours0-9minutes-4-9seconds-2-8
- Biggest Irish squad at World Cyclo-cross ChampionshipsThe Cycling Ireland Off Road Commission supported seven riders at the UCI Cyclocross World Championships which took place in Valkenburg, Netherlands over the weekend of the 3-4 February 2018. The support team were: Andy Layhe, Martin Eadon, Aaron Baines, Suzanne Clarke, Donal O’Brien and Richard Conroy. There was a large squad of travelling supporters fro […]
- Dates for the NPS XC Series and XC ChampionshipsThe dates for the 2018 Irish Cross-country National Point Series are shown below. The tracks have all been used successfully before and the host clubs are well experienced in putting on excellent events. Round 1: 29 April 2018 – Tollymore Forest – Dromara CC Round 2: 27 May 2018 – Ticknock – MAD Round 3: […]
- Great racing at the National Youth Cyclo-cross ChampionshipsThe 2018 Irish National Youth Cyclo-cross Championships took place at Knockbracken Reservoir in Carryduff, a suburb of Belfast. This was only the second year that the Youth CX Championships has been run and it is encouraging to see this youth event establish itself in the calendar. Along with the championship categories for the Under 14s […]
- Biggest Irish squad at World Cyclo-cross Championships