2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks0-9days0-6hours-1-3minutes-1-3seconds0-8
- First notification of the Off-road Commission’s AGMThis is the first notification of Cycling Ireland Off-road Commission Annual General Meeting (AGM). This meeting will take place on Saturday 20 October 2018 – venue to be confirmed (Dublin based). Positions on the Commission The commission will be made up with the following 9 positions. All of the posts are up for re-election. Chair […]
- World DHI/XCO Championships – LenzerheideThe Irish Off-road team headed to Lenzerheide in Switzerland to compete in the World Championships of both downhill and cross-country. Both courses proved very tough. With big crowds and super atmosphere this was truly a big occasion for the team. In the downhill Junior riders Liam Wolfe and Cathal Fitzpatrick finished 39th and 54th respectively out […]
- Challenge Tires confirmed as additional UCI Belfast race sponsorBioracer – Atlassian – Challenge Tires International UCI Cyclocross The world’s leading cyclocross tyre manufacturer is the latest company to show its support and backing for the International UCI Cyclocross promoted by Kinning Cycles, taking place in Belfast on Sunday 7th October 2018. Challenge Tires join forces with Bioracer and Atlassian as the main spon […]
- First notification of the Off-road Commission’s AGM