2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks-1-8days0-2hours0-7minutes-2-2seconds0-1
- Youth National CX Championships and Junior/Senior National CX ChampionshipsA busy weekend ahead at Fota House and Gardens in County Cork which will host both the Irish Youth National Cyclo-cross Championships and the Junior/Senior National Cyclo-cross Championship over the weekend of Saturday 12th – Sunday 13th January 2019. The Youth races will be on the Saturday. Full details of both events to follow. Time to sort […]
- Cyclocross makes its mark at the National Sports CampusCyclocross has made a huge leap forward in recent days with groundwork beginning on a state of the art skills zone and course within the National Sports Campus (NSC) in Dublin. The Campus, operated by Sport Ireland, is headquarters to the majority of Ireland’s leading sporting disciplines and cyclocross now becomes part of the campus […]
- Expression of interest in hosting the Irish XC Marathon Championships 2019Expressions of interest are being sought for a club who would like to host the Irish Cross-country Mountain Bike Marathon (XCM) Championships 2019. There is no set date for this event. The event was not run in 2018. A full calendar showing all disciplines is given here. Minimum age of riders: 19 years and over (Seniors, M30, […]
- Youth National CX Championships and Junior/Senior National CX Championships