2017 XC NPS League Table
The complete list of all riders that raced in the 2013 NPS and their new categories for 2014 can be found below:
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means you will get better value out of your licence and entry fee by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category will appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator
Next race in:weeks0-1days0-1hours-2-3minutes-4-1seconds-10
- XC – Expression of Interest – European and World ChampionshipsThe Cycling Ireland Off-road Commission is seeking expressions of interest from male or female riders to compete in the 2018 European Cross-country (XCO) Championships which are being held in Glasgow 7 August 2018 and the 2018 World Cross-country (XCO) Championships which are being held in Lenzerheide, Switzerland 5-9 September 2018. A maximum of two riders […]
- Date change for the 2018 NPS XC seriesDue to circumstances outside of their control, MAD MTB is no longer able to host a round of the 2018 Cross-country National Point Series. A lot of work had been going on in the background with developing Ticknock but there was an event clash on the chosen date and other dates do not suit. We […]
- Launch of the 2018 XC SeriesThe first round of the 2018 Cross-country Mountain Bike series kicks off on Sunday 29 April at Tollymore Forest hosted by Dromara Cycling Club. This will be the first of 5 rounds with the Cross-country Championships happening in Castlewellan Forest. Details can be found on www.irishxcnps.ie.
- XC – Expression of Interest – European and World Championships