Below is the list of all compulsory rider upgrades for the 2015 season (marked mandatory) and riders that we thought would benefit from moving up (marked recommended):
|Senior 2 Men -> Senior 1||(mandatory)|
|Clive Caldwell||Caldwell Cycles Omagh|
|Colm McGarvey||Epic MTB / Expert Cycles|
|Gene Ryan||DLCO / Scott|
|Peter Boaden||Gravity BC|
|Senior 2 Men -> Senior 1||(recommended)|
|Ben Breach||Epic MTB / Expert Cycles|
|Gary Sheils||Newry Wheelers CC|
|Gavin O’Connell||Team WORC|
|Peter Mc Conville||Newry Wheelers CC|
|Senior 3 Men -> Senior 2||(mandatory)|
|Christopher Campbell||Epic MTB / Expert Cycles|
|Gavin Anyon||Xmtb McConvey Cycles|
|Ronan O’Sullivan||Team Giant Dublin|
|Sean Scullion||Island Wheelers|
|Senior 3 Men -> Senior 2||(recommended)|
|Killian Callaghan||Biking.ie / Vitus|
|Senior 4 Men -> Senior 3||(mandatory)|
|Aaron Parks||ShelbourneMotors / Orchard Wheelers|
|Gerard Ferrity||Island Wheelers|
|Gordon Roberts||Island Wheelers|
|Jake Mooney||Eire Og C.C.|
|Johnny McRoberts||Maryland Wheelers|
|Kieran Gilligan||Island Wheelers|
|Paul Taylor||Carn Wheelers|
|Senior 3 Women -> Senior 2||(recommended)|
|Sinead Ryan||The ML Syndicate|
|Senior 2 Women -> Senior 1|
|No mandatory upgrades|
2015 League points scheme
The points are based on the following scheme.
(as agreed at the Offroad AGM 2015)
- Senior categories – all rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- Youth categories – 4 of 5 rounds count, no minimum attendance required for overall trophies
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 4 Men category, however there will be no overall trophy (winner moves up after each round)
- League points will be awarded in the Senior 3 Women category, however there will be no overall trophy and the winner of each round can either stay in the same category or move up.
* Note: All other finishers will receive 1 point
Grading rules for 2015
- All top 5 riders in S1, S2 and S3 category (2014) were moved up (based on overall NPS standings)
- Riders in Senior 4 category (2014) that won at least 1 race were moved up
- Winner of a Senior 4 race is moved up to Senior 3 race for the following round
- No mandatory upgrades for Senior Women categories
- No mandatory downgrading for 2015
- Newcomers who didn’t race in 2014 can select any category with exception of Senior 1 Men / Women
Several riders have upgraded themselves during previous seasons and thus will continue in the category they upgraded to, or have been identified for upgrade.
Riders are welcome/encouraged to upgrade themselves to a higher category (as high as Senior 2 Men / Women) if they feel that they will have more of a challenge, it also means they will get better value out of their licences and entry fees by racing an additional lap!
All riders have a right to appeal their upgrade, as agreed at the 2013 Offroad AGM.
You will need to include your full name, CI Licence number, your 2014 category you competed in, and the 2015 category you are requesting to be downgraded to.
You will also need to include a paragraph justifying why you require downgrade.
Your 2015 racing category should appear on your Cycling Ireland Licence
Any questions/queries please drop an email to: the XC Co-ordinator